Berry season is here and those delectable fruits are enjoyed by people and wildlife alike, especially BEARS!
Be safe while picking berries
- Carry bear spray and know how to use it
- Watch for signs that bears have been in the area: tracks, scat, diggings and carcasses are some examples
- Be aware of your surroundings as you pick
- Make noise: bear bells, conversation and singing are some ideas to alert the bears that you are also in the area
- In the early morning and late evening bears are more active and likely to be sharing your favorite berry patch